Dear T&DI Members,
The deadlines for submitting nominations for the ASCE/T&DI awards are fast approaching. We strongly encourage nomination submissions for each of these awards. Please refer to the descriptions below and make the most of this opportunity.
Due October 1 to AWARDS@ASCE.ORG
- Walter L. Huber Civil Engineering Research Prizes, to be given to members of the Society in any grade for notable achievements in research related to civil engineering.
- Arthur M. Wellington Prize, awarded annually for papers on transportation on land, on the water, in the air, or on foundations and closely-related subjects.
Due October 15 to ABAKER@ASCE.ORG
- Airfield Practitioner Award, established in 2009 to honor and recognize practicing engineers employed in the airfield pavement engineering profession with demonstrated leadership and/or achievement in airfield pavement projects.
Due November 1 to ABAKER@ASCE.ORG
- Robert Hornojeff Award, to recognize and honor a person, persons, organization or organizations for outstanding achievements in, and contributions to the advancement of the field of air transportation engineering.
Due November 1 to AWARDS@ASCE.ORG
- Harland Bartholomew Award, established in recognition of the outstanding professional accomplishments of Harland Bartholomew, Hon.M.ASCE. The award is made to the person who is judged worthy of special commendation for contributions to the enhancement of the role of the civil engineer in urban planning and development.
- James Laurie Prize, established in honor of the first President of the Society, the prize is awarded on the basis of contributions to the advancement of transportation engineering.
- Frank M. Masters Transportation Engineering Award, established as a memorial to the outstanding professional accomplishments of Frank M. Masters, Hon.M.ASCE. The award is given to a member of the Society for the best example of innovative or noteworthy planning, design, or construction of transportation facilities.
- Wilbur S. Smith Award, made to the person who, during the fiscal year preceding the year of the award, shall be judged worthy of special commendation for contributions to the enhancement of the role of the civil engineer in highway engineering.
- Francis C. Turner Award, established by the solicitation of gifts from the many friends and admirers of Francis C. Turner, Hon.M.ASCE, former Chief Engineer of the Bureau of Public Roads, and retired Federal Highway Administrator. The award is based on the nominee’s contributions to the advancement of the knowledge and practice of transportation engineering.
We hope you will consider submitting a nomination for one or more of these awards.
The Transportation & Development Institute Staff